Heat Tape XGR: A New Generation of Self-Regulating Heat Tape for Ice Dams
Heat Tape XGR is designed for residential and commercial ice dam prevention in gutters an rooflines. Heat Tape XGR is perfect for any roof and gutter de-icing application where long-term ice dam prevention is desired. Heat Tape XGR plug-in ice dam cables are suitable for virtually ALL roofing materials. Factory assembled with a standard three-prong plug, each cable can simply connect to any grounded 120V receptacle. Also, unlike cheap ice dam prevention heat tape, our cables can be overlapped without risk of overheating and/or burnout. When used with Grip Clips, the XGR heat cable can be installed and adjusted quickly to result in the most effective ice dam management system available. Click here to see all of our innovative heat cable installation accessories.
- Contractor-Grade self-regulating cable that adjusts heat output according to surrounding outdoor temperatures
- 6′ to 100′ cables produces 7 watts per foot (at 50ºF) and up to 13 watts per foot (at 32ºF) when in snow and ice.
- 117′ to 150′ cables produce 5 watts per foot (at 50ºF) and up to 9 watts per foot (at 32ºF) when in snow and ice.
- Suitable for gutter de-icing and ice dam prevention applications on asphalt shingles, metal, wood, rubber and synthetic roofs.
- 10-foot unheated power cord length that plugs into standard 120V receptacle (this lead length is in addition to the rated length of your cable, i.e.: a 100ft heat tape has an actual length of 100ft+10ft but only the 100 feet is heated)
- Illuminated plug so you can see when the cable is running
- UL listed
- 10-year manufacturer’s warranty
Calculating how much heat cable you need for your ice dam prevention project can be tricky. Click here to visit our amazing online calculator to make that job easy.